PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recruitment woes at BA.
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2004, 00:25
MaxAOB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

BA are going about their latest recruitment round as if they are recruiting cadets rather than experienced pilots. I'm not excatly sure what sitting in front of a computer screen for 2 hrs twiddling with a joystick proves to someone with thousands of hours on an ATPL. The similarity to the Borg comment is nearer to the mark than some might realise, from the horses mouth ie at my interview they had only identified 120 people for interview for 125 jobs. Out of that 120 the pass rate is currently about 1 in 20!! Bunch of wank*rs who need a reality check.

Q. If you were Rod Eddington how would you save the company money?

A. Cut out this bollox for a start and reduce the recruitment system to 3/4 of a day rather than 2 days and all the psychbabble rubbish. Let's face it you've got some real tossers working for you anyway so what's this all about?

Still got to go in the 1-11 sim and afterwards told them to fark off, it ain't the company it once was and if you got any kind of seniority in your present company i wouldn't bother, especially if you over 35. Was told in interview that command time at least 12 years and that doesn't take into account the new retirement legislation coming in 2004. quote 'we don't want you joining under any misguided illusions' - fair enough so they want 22 year old A320 type rated people i guess!! Ill thought out and conducted by managers that don't realise that their is a real world out there.

Stand by for another advert asking for any jet type rating, you mark my words.