PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Full emergency call out for minor incident at LHR!
Old 27th Jun 2004, 23:53
Astrodome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Notso Fantastic

I must profess a fair degree of understanding of your position.

I work in the railway industry and we have on occasion been rather astounded at the response of the Emergency Services who 'Upgrade' simple problems to fairly major proportions.

Having read the thread it seems to me that there is a desperate need for some clarity of purpose here.

The point that appears to have been missed (and I apologise if I have missed it in an earlier post) is that APPARENTLY the aircrew were not requiring the level of asistance that was provided.

Now one would assume that the Emergency Services would take guidance from the professionals, and thus in this case the response was inappropriate.

Any inappropriate response to an 'incident' places at risk their ability to respond to other incidents and potentially then places lives at risk.

I for one have seen many examples of this in my job over the years and it becomes tedious when Emergency Services personnel then try to assume 'command' when their ability to understand the risk/issues is, at best questionable.

That I believe is the point that 'Notso Fantastic' makes?