PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does Cathay require resign?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2004, 23:02
Penske

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do work for the company and am extremely happy to be here. I am a new joiner on the freighter side and am LAX based.

Your questions are identical to the ones that everyone has when they consider joining a new company.

From what I have learned so far, the rosters on the Freighter are generally very good. Some might argue that the CHI or NY based pilots have the best schedules as they get to be home the most nights per month. I can't comment directly on that, but I can tell you that in general terms, you will work approximately half the month. Some guys describe it as a week on, week off. As most of the flying from a North American base involves long haul flying, it is mathematically impossible to work much more than that.

My previous life was in Canada, where the aviation industry (from a career perspective) is an unmitigated disaster. Cathay Pacific has made me feel very welcome, and overall, my view of the company is positive. I have met some exceptionally good people here, and the airline is very good at making money. That of course translates to job security, which ranks right up there on my career wish list.

Hope this helps. Good luck.