PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oman Air
Thread: Oman Air
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2004, 22:33
oxide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah .. pretty old topic but I thought I might aswell chip in.

I'm not a part of the aviation industry.. yet .. and no I don't work at Oman Air.

I have however lived here in Oman all my life .. I'm now 21 years old .. so u do the math.

I can comment on living in Oman... It's a great place as in the surrounding. Very peaceful though HOT as HELL.

But Oman as a country and the managemant all over is deteriorating by the day. The Omani government is on a so called "Omanisation" run. They are trying to give the jos back to Omani's.. little do they know they would still be plundering with spears and riding to work on donkey's if it wasn't for the expatriates.

Well Oman Air boasts of being a 100% Omanised company .. another load of bull crap.

Ok back to the place in general .. your Children will enjoy it here .. there are people from all over the world .. and schools from all over the world. However I don't like the sound of that post quoted by IZK ... I can hands down say that it is most probably true. This is what most of not all the companies do here. You never get what you want... it's like their job to make sure you don't get what you want.

The only company run by majority of foreigners is the Oil companies anywhere in the Gulf region for that matter and same her ein Oman, and is the only company (PDO) that gets good benefits I should think.

The 3 months probation period is true for all Oman Air new staff. Quite poor working conditions from a couple of friends. One of my friends an Omani, was promised a job in the IT department, and he is now cleaning the aircraft, after finishing with the dishes in catering.

Another few friends, all female stewardesses have left except for one. Most of them had arrived from Jet Airways (India) and have now moved to GF or EK. They left because of poor working conditions and long hours, after also being dumped in one building for all the female cabin crew... multiple occupants in each room of each apartment.

The place for a long time settlement is really not nice at all.

If you do NOT get a job anywhere else no matter how hard you try and have no other alternatives. Then come here.. slog the hours... and get the experience to go on to netter things in life.

Cheers,
Terence

P.S. also if any pilots from the gulf region reading this .. please message me .. need some help/advice