PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your first week?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2004, 16:03
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How was your second week then?
Uh oh - I've got people following my progress now! I didn't intend that to happen, I was just after (and got) some friendly advice, but I should have known.... Since you ask, CIM, I have done no instructing at all since I last posted. I have not been called into the airfield at all until today. I have followed the advice on here and showed my face around the office, but this hasn't resulted in any extra flying. (Doesn't help that, in this case, the office is at one place and the school at the other. There's very little point turning up at the school unannounced, because the door will be locked unless someone happens to be inside briefing or waiting for a student, so I have done what I can to be around and available.)

Today, I don't want to go into too much detail on a public forum, but I was booked in for a rather inspiring 4 hours. The first of these was my girlfriend, who has decided to come back for more after her trial lesson last week. The other three were each trial lessons. (I have to wonder, yet again, why it is that the only days I'm asked to come in to fly happen to be those days when my girlfriend is paying to fly with me... but never mind.) Obviously with the weather forecast predicting rain for this afternoon, I didn't expect to get all 4 hours done, but it turned out that because of some administrative problems there was no aircraft for me. Since neither me nor my student/girlfriend were told about this until we arrived at the airfield, we made the journey up to Cranfield, were fortunate to find someone with a key (since the office had also neglected to tell any of the other instructors that I would be going in to the fly the aircraft which wasn't there) and briefed for Effect of Controls Part 1, but didn't actually go flying. I did manage to get myself checked out on the Archer, though, but since that was the only single-engined aircraft available today, and it was fully booked, there wasn't any extra scope for me to do any of my lessons (which were all booked for a C150) on the Archer. I stuck around a bit until the weather started to close in, and then went home.

I am still hopeful that things will pick up, but no sign of it yet! In the mean time, though, I do appreciate all the advice and support of you guys - thanks!

FFF
------------