PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Living in Malacca
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2004, 14:19
wv4175

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.melakacom.net.my/general/main.htm

Visit this website.....lots of info on malacca.
Basically, malacca is a nice historical town situated on the west coast of west malaysia. It is about 2 -2 1/2 hrs drive on a beautiful highway to the capital city, kuala lumpur.
Cost of living is relatively quite low, there is an international school in town, that caters for expats children. Lots of nightlife, good food of all types, ie local, western, chinese, indian etc. Some nice pubs, clubs, resorts, etc. English is basically spoken everywhere....or at the very least, understood.

Health care is very good and inexpensive, govt and private hospitals/clinics are abundant. Housing is inexpensive...it all depends on what you want, locality, etc. A 3 bedroom house around the vacinity of the airport costs bout RM600, which is bout USD160/ per month. An upmarket condominium unit, costs bout RM1200, USD 320 per month......so, its entirely up to you to choose.

The weather is good all year round, bright and sunny, but u can expect heavy rains/ thunderstorms, which is the norm here in malaysia.

Well, i hope the the above brief is of help, and if u need and other info, PM me, and i will try and help. If, u decide to come, let me be the first to welcome u in our national language:
SELAMAT DATANG KE MALAYSIA.....which basically means, welcome to Malaysia.

btw....will u be joining an aviation company, flying school or otherwise?