PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's it like being Captain of a jet aircraft for the very first time???
Old 25th Jun 2004, 16:35
CPTVOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Justbelowcap,

Great post and worth its weight in gold to all of us im sure. Having read your post twice, I now feel more anxious than I did previously, but not for any wrong reasons, I hope.
I fly RHS in a high performance executive jet. The captain and I are the only crew and not only is he the captain, he is also the Ops Dir, Chief Pilot, HR dept, PR Dept etc etc etc. Apart from him being a total control freek, he also never, ever lets me fly so I have resigned myself to a life of RT and checklists. I have no reason to believe this due to ability as I have recieved glowing reports from Sim instructors and a training captain whilst on line training.
As a relative newbie, this used to upset me but lately I have adopted a more pragmatic approach and just let him get on with it whilst I sit there doing as much as he will allow me do.
Having read your post this style now strikes me as not only frustrating but also bordering on dangerous?
Id welcome any advise/comments that you, or anyone else wishes to make
Thanks