PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS "report" - OZ Flying JUL04
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2004, 14:33
karrank

Mostly Harmless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop

OK Paul, I'll do you the courtesy that seemed beyond Dick and admit you appear to be a real person. I was really only p1ss-taking about his efforts to prove VOR is Adrian Dumsa. On the other hand I won't apologise, because the article may as well have been written by him for all the balance it displays.

One paragraph from Ted Lang, and three from you (plus others cut'n'pasted from Dick's PROON ravings) which are just flat-out wrong. The service applicable to a VFR in E airspace is traffic, on request, in radar coverage only. Full stop. This is what Dick implemented. If you don't like that, start agitating to change it rather than relying on rumours about the magical overseas.

"...assumed he was recieving a separation service."
I'm at a complete loss to understand why ATC didn't limit the 737 to (say) 17,000 until our paths had crossed, or perhaps given him a suggested vector
i.e. Separate. By just printing stuff from one side of the PROON debate or DICKSMITHLYER ravings you have not helped clear up this pilot's expectations.

I wasn't calling Daryl a yuppie, I was calling the Lancair IV a Yuppie-killer. If he is not a yuppy he can probably expect a long and happy time with it. And I probably only called it that coz of burning jealousy. It would look reasonably good tied up at my local, but I'd rather have a Cozy.

Bit surprised you haven't heard of a bugsmasher...

Last edited by karrank; 26th Jun 2004 at 00:17.