PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brand New Airline
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2004, 23:03
Airline7322

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brand New Airline

Over the past few days I've been creating a business plan for a brand-new regional airline. The airline, dubbed Mongoose Air, will fly out of San Jose International to major cities. The aircraft we wish to fly on ourroutes are Canadair Regional Cl-700's, which are fifty-seater turbojets. Mongoose Air plans to fly from San Jose, California to small airports in these major west coast cities: San Diego (KSAN),Orange County (KSNA),Las Vegas (KHND), Reno (KRNO), Salt Lake City (U42), Phoenix (KDVT), Tucson (KAVQ), Denver (KBJC), Portland (KHIO), Seattle (KBFI), Sun Valley (KSUN). At first sight, this airline appears to be like any other regional airline. But Mongoose Air strives to be different. Our aircraft, the Canadair Cl-700 will be specially outfitted with breakthrough sound-cancelling technology in addition to the standard technology used in the Bombardier line. In addition, every seat will have Bose Quietcomfort-sound canceling headphones, another measure taken to reduce the noise in the cabin. Mongoose Air plans to price it's tickets below legacy carriers but slightly above deep-discount airlines, betting on the fact that business travelers and families will be willing to pay slightly more for a quiet trip. Another appealing aspect of our airline is that it plans to fly into secondary, smaller airports with less traffic and no security-snarl ups. All of the airports are located just as close as to the city as the major airports and most passengers will feel more comfortable traveling to a lower key airport.

Earlier you bashed another forum poster for putting forth an idea on starting an airline. I ask that you refrain from that and give constructive praise and criticism so that I can continue to refine my business plan
Thanks,
Airline7322

Here\'s the company website: http://mongooseair.********.com/