PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BACX Pilot Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2004, 22:50
pilottom10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pay

I appreciate that you may think that 20k plus flight pay is chicken feed, but I qualified in Dec 2001 and haven't had a flying job in all this time. I payed out about 60k in all. Lost 12.5k to a training company who went bust.

I worked for over a year in a call centre 13.5k per year. Now a manager with same company 17.5k a year. So i am still on the up. granted i earned 25k prior to entering avaition training, but i have made sacrifices. The money will improve, over time, so if I can get a job, gain a type rating, and valuable experience then 20k is great. Not to mention they keep you current, pay medical and licence renewal fees. And I can hold my head up and say I am a Commercial Pilot. i have achieved what I set out to do. That is priceless to me.

I wasn't attracted to flying by the prospect of a big wage packet. i love flying and that is my main motivation. Don't do it if its just for the money. You will be dissappointed.

On a brighter note, I am through to the simulator phase with BACX. There is at last light at the end of a very long and dark tunnel. Any tips on the sim would be appreciated.

Good luck to all those avaitors still pursuing their ambitions.

Take care
Tom