PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS Debate: Other Opinions
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2004, 15:09
Gunner B12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK

it has to be noted that after Woomera's shut down of Dick's favourite tactic he picks up his ball and goes home....

Voices of Reason, by the way, this is my last post on this thread. I have to get on with my other life! I have intentionally provided all of the information so there is a contemporary and open account of the decisions in which I was involved. This will be of assistance to any future inquiries.
I for one totally disagree with this statement by Dick!

You have not provided all of the information, in fact you have obviously sought to do the opposite. no direct question seems to have recieved a direct answer. I say seemed as you probably have answered one directly just so that you can point to that one to rubbish this point but if you did it was probably the most insignificant of the questions asked.

Once again I will point out that I am a low time PPL who just wishes that both you and AOPA would stop claiming to be trying to help / represent me, or make life easier for me.

You use analogies to prove your point such as the one about drivers of cars having to report their position and how that wouldn't be acceptable yet you fail to take it to it's logical conclusion. If I were a car driver who could expect a road train to pop out of a fog bank without warning I would want it to know I am there and have the chance to arrange for it to miss me or vice versa.

The one point that really sticks with me is that you keep suggesting others (eg. Airservices) should have sorted the design safety case aspect of the implementation of NAS. I would like to know how you (for that read the whole group of people making the recommendation) could recommend the move to NAS when without doing a design safety study or risk / benifit analysis it is impossible to say to the government that this is the way to go. At best the most you could have reasonably recommended was that subject to a favourable result this would be the way to go, giving them the decision whether or not to do what was required. The failure to phrase the recommendation in this way must surely place liability for any unfavourable outcome on those who made the recommendation?

One final question..... Am I now likely to be accused of being Adrian, A vested interest ATCer, some other (otherwise compromised) party or will you just seek to make some other personal attack.

Mind you as just a lowly PPL without the millions you have, am I worth your effort, after all you seem to be getting your own way without caring about the likes of me or the fare paying RPT passengers.