PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ongoing professional development for pilots
Old 24th Jun 2004, 12:46
tripletach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply's. Very helpful. I agree totally with you Alf about 'Airmanship' and have read books like 'Flight Discipline' by Tony Kern that did give me a whole new outlook and some clarity on the importance of discipline. But it also made me realise how much more could be done to enhance pilot performance on top of the usual base checks and tests and the odd CRM course.

Having said that, the CRM course that FLYHARDMO describes sounds like part of what I am after. I'll chase that up.

I guess I'm still not sure what I'm after exactly, but it's something like rather than saying to pilots "you must maintain this standard", I'd like to see systems in place that say "we want you to improve as pilots, we have stratergies in place to help you do that, and we can give you the tools to help yourself do it too." Basically ongoing professional development.

This definately doesn't exist in our company, so I'm hoping I will find examples of other company's stratergies that I can introduce them to.

Cheers

Tripletach