PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recommended university for flight test related MSc?
Old 24th Jun 2004, 11:24
MachineMan

Deus Ex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recommended university for flight test related MSc?

Hi,

I'm a professional pilot from mainland Europe with a few thousand F/O hours in Airbusses big and small under my belt, age (too) rapidly approaching thirty.
As I had the chance to become a airline-sponsered cadet a few years ago during my first year at the university, I left at that time to fulfill my dream of becoming a professional pilot. As I don't like leaving things unfinished, I came back to join the university again some moons ago. I'm presently studying for my BSc in math with major in physics while still flying.
As I really got to like doing something that challenges my mind, I'm now seriously considering doing an aerospace-related MSc once I'll have finished the BSc I'm currently working on.
As we don't have any aerospace-related universities in the country I live in, my question to you guys now is which British universities you would suggest to be suitable for someone with my background to do an MSc in the field of aerospace/flighttest, full-time or part-time.
Aim of the degree in addition to satisfaction of my personal desire for knowledge would be maybe being able to join an aircraft manufacturer for the design and testing of the machines I now "only" fly for a living.
What do you think?

Regards, MM