PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2004, 11:19
FTI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Cougar.

Its interesting to hear the opinion of someone who passed first go with no hours..

I have spoken to quite a few people regarding this particular issue, and all have agreed that getting as many hours as I can can 't hurt.

I am particularly weary of doing that as, - and I'm sure that you would be able to back me up on this - the military way of flying is going to be vastly different to that of the civilian/CASA way of flying, if you get my point.

I am going to go back to a gentleman at the Flying Club at Amberley. I don't know if you know of whom I speak, but he was an AIRCDRE when he was in, and flew fast jets from the Miracle to the Pig. When I initially saw him about learning to fly, and my reasons, he seemed to be keen to get me up in the air, and see what I was made of.

I know that if I am to learn from this gentleman, then I can be fairly certain that I will be receiving training that can't be too far removed from the way that I can expect to be trained/assessesd by the R.A.A.F.

I would also be very interested to know your opinion on my age at present as a determining factor in my bid to be a Pilot.

And don't be worried about me backing myself in this venture. I know that given the chance, I will be the best damn Pilot wherever I end up, simply because I want to be the best, and nothing less will satisfy me.
I have a dream to live up to, and an obligation to honour the memory of the father of a very close friend who died in the only collision that the Roulettes have ever experienced.
I will not shrink from either.

Thanks again Cougar. Much appreciated.