PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - air asia cadet pilot
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2004, 05:41
Global Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlybyWit "Me thinks your getting two different schemes mixed up jebat.But good luck with what your up too."

There seems to be some confusion between two different schemes that AirAsia are promoting. They are currently offering:
1. Cadet Pilot Scheme for ab-inito to f/o and
2. First Officer Scheme for ready to gos with F(ATPL)/IR.

The first scheme is being recruited locally and I believe they currently have started the first course. The second scheme is being actively recruited overseas.

Jebat's post is in the correct thread in that the original question was refering to the cadet scheme. Information regarding this scheme is available directly from the company and I believe is only open to Malay nationals or at least people with the right to live and work there.

Jebat, this is a low cost airline and it is becoming the norm for no allowance to be paid to cadets during training. This is the reality of a changing industry. While I don't necessarily aggree that this is a good thing, it is the way things are and if you decide that it is not for you then someone else will take your place. Employers are well aware that this is the case and feed from our need to fly for a living.