PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EU / USA open skies negotiations
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2004, 16:14
akerosid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is a cruel (but much deserved - and even more enjoyable ) irony that the deal, if it is done, to end the SNN stop could be signed a mere 8 miles from Shannon itself!

Unfortunately, there's been very little news, apart from reports of a split between various European countries. It seems absurd that LHR is still the sticking point and that it's holding everyone else up. My hope, however forlorn, is that the EU and US are working feverishly together to cobble a deal together in time for the Summit. At the very least, I hope a mini deal can be done, excluding LHR.

It is a cruel (but much deserved - and even more enjoyable) irony that the deal, if it is done, to end the SNN stop could be signed a mere 8 miles from Shannon itself ! I didn\'t miss that irony!

Unfortunately, there\'s been very little news, apart from reports of a split between various European countries. It seems absurd that LHR is still the sticking point and that it\'s holding everyone else up. My hope, however forlorn, is that the EU and US are working feverishly together to cobble a deal together in time for the Summit. At the very least, I hope a mini deal can be done, excluding LHR.