PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS Debate: Other Opinions
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2004, 14:24
Capcom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

****su et al

There are lots of periphery issues to be worked through, no doubt about that. I am prepared to lend what ever support I can to draw common ground across industry and get this mess fixed. It will as you all suggest require goodwill from many.

It must be done properly and expeditiously though!
And let us not forget, during all this, The Missing in Action Minister remained silent - and still does in any practical sense.

So I am sorry, but to suggest that:

quote:
It is achievable, and can still be called NAS to appease Canberra

is even possible.....? With the current personalities involved, I don't honestly think it is.

Why try and patch up a bad idea? Why not do it right like it should have been done from the start?

Strong Leadership does mean listening and consulting widely. It doesn't mean caving to in every demand from every lobby group. But equally it doesnt mean working behind industry/communities backs.

This hasn't happened with this go, and the goodwill for this has gone. New blood is needed, and it needs to be managed by people who need to know how to 'listen' in the first instance.

Some of the incumbents have already had too many chances at doing this abd failed.

(personally I say bugger appeasing Canberra - if Anderson had shown some real leadership this situation wouldn;t have been permiited to happen - again)
Dude, you know without me saying it that we are most definitely in heated agreement. The architect of this mess is not of a mind to be told his baby is cold and blue. So what do we do?

I figure a resolution with widespread acceptance will make it very hard for him to object. Well object with any effect if you know what I mean. So not withstanding him, the only other albeit large hurdle is Canberra.

Now I could get all vitriolic in my usual fashion here when referring to JA, but what does it achieve?. ...........Ah stuff it, why not..

J.A You are without doubt the most incompetent, unprincipled, weak, pathetic administrator this industry has had to endure. If you have one shred of decency left in you, fix this mess before you retire.

May the fleas of a thousand Camels infest your retirement ya fool.........

Now I got that of my breast....

We all know that politicians are either kissin’ babies or stealin’ their lollypops!

He has shown nothing of any character or conscience through out this mess, or a preparedness to accept that a policy is wrong. 'Plausible deniability', I think not, he knows this NAS has knobs on it!.

That farkin’ public perception thing, scares the **** outa them!.
So as much as kickin for a fresh start is what should happen, I sincerely don’t’ think he can stomach backing down on the brand name NAS.

Next best thing, lets build what we all need from a system safety point of view and sell it to this lizard in a politically acceptable way.

That said, the name NAS may be academic if we go to the polls in Aug

Cheers

Cap