PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin door ripped off Jetstar plane, passengers stranded
Old 23rd Jun 2004, 06:01
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Although the company I'm with started with 25 minute turnarounds (not through flights), most of the time the return sectors were NOT out on schedule, and it was nothing to do with seats being assigned pre-departure.
If the flights are running near capacity - which I'm sure J* are hoping for - then forget it.

So was this affected flight transiting? Or was it an originating flight? (Just to see what factors were involved, eg. the "hurry up" syndrome.)

pullock states, "I can't help that a lot of you pilots are anti-engineer"
Well that's sure as hell news to me - I know a LOT of pilots, and do not know ONE who is "anti-engineer".
Without you, we ain't goin' nowhere!
We ALL appreciate the hard yards you guys put in - the long hours, cold nights in the hangars, grease, oil and kero soaked, for little reward. It does NOT go unnoticed, pullock, but I guess UNTIL something goes wrong, you're pretty much taken for granted - just as all pax assume that they're going to have an uneventful flight, mechanically, weather-wise, etc.
But please don't tar us (pilots) as "anti-engineer" - it's simply UNTRUE! It seems that you might have struck a "bad apple" at some time, or perhaps misinterpreted what was said at the time.

(And this is not directed at you, pullock - but by way of observation, isn't THIS particular thread attracting some "strange" characters?!! Starting with Chuck)