PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Spin Doctors in overtime
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2004, 01:05
shortly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Overall this has been a very interesting post. It is a pity that some contributors (aka Pussy), are more interested in mud slinging at the Company and the Captain than really reviewing the affair and determining a resolution that teaches us all. The report - available on the CX website - is thorough, professional and a good job. The company's response was appropriate given the facts on view. The 'young' captain is a more than competent aviator with a good attitude to flying, the company and his fellow aviators, whatever their culture. Every flight is an opportunity to learn. I find it interesting that pilots - who should know better - are stating what they would have done, go on, turn back etc. Mate you weren't there. This sort of response is of course a throwback to when all pilots were solution oriented. Ie lets have a solution even though I really don't understand the problem - if there was one. The training system at CX stresses that you don't seek answers from your ops when you contact them, no, you advise them of the problem and what you wish to do. If there are circumstances outside your control then you may be given contrary advice, or you may be given the green light. Ah I wish I was as much without guilt as some of the other contributors here.