PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS Debate: Other Opinions
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2004, 13:07
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

OBJECTION, Woomera - as much as you are the adjudicator of the debate between Messrs Smith and VoR, I object to you your censuring of their replies!

Object away "W" is NOT adjudicating nor are we censoring, the debate is and will remain strictly between VOR and Mr Smith

Dick Smith has chosen to respond to "VoR edited by Woomera", as his introduction.
Are you, Woomera ASSUMING that Mr Smith is grouping VoR with "edited by Woomera"?
I was NOT!
I was assuming that he (Dick Smith) was addressing ALL interested parties in this debate.

My understanding was that Woomera was involved in THIS particular thread as a filter to keep non-essential parties out - NOT to go vetting replies in such a way as might influence opinions!!

Cute but no cigar. Admin have also been watching this thread very closely, they are NOT amused, amongst other things, at the attempts to involve an individual by name, we wish to keep it on thread, on issue and on topic.
A debate = discuss or dispute about an issue, ... consider different sides of a question. It is about the issues not about the person.
We are trying to keep the thread open notwithstanding the rules transgressions and thereby preserve Mr Smiths right of reply, believe me, it would be it would be much easier to do otherwise. W

Please return the ORIGINAL replies from Dick Smith to their ORIGINAL format!!

Last edited by Woomera; 22nd Jun 2004 at 13:56.