PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS Debate: Other Opinions
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2004, 11:00
SM4 Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dog One, how true...

Dick your even starting to annoy your supporters, just use VOR not all the other variations you're posting, what's the point?

As an ATC I am very disturbed at the suggestion that my commercial concerns mirror those of the company for which I work. Whilst I like my pay packet, I like my job more... Ultimately I suspect your messing with both.

My job used to be incredibly satisfying; it has become less so since you have meddled, again.

I'm not change resistant, I just like knowing that changes represent good value, I'm very unconvinced. Yes I've read the Willoughby report; it's a joke, like many safety cases.

I'm convinced that 'end state' we need more ATCs (and transitional points), so we have not saved a cracker... Yet we have increased risk in more areas than we have reduced it.

As for the LT radar debacle; why are you not out there saying deploy it where it is needed. I wrote to my CEO in February saying don't do it there, I wrote to my Minister and said don't do it there... Use it where it is worthy, I've had no reply from either...

Why are we even entertaining the "Industry Option"; it doesn't comply with very much ICAO or International practice...

Dick you claimed you have no knowledge of this option earlier, I have heard you "discussing it loudly" through a speakerphone, I'm sure it was you. S.A. was calling the other party Dick etc... I also note the AOPA and Sports aviation group positions, post Dick Smith discussions...

Chris Manning, why are you still interested in this ("Industry Option"), what's in it for Qantas? By the sounds of things Qantas is now the only 'supporter' of the Industry option, although no other group will oppose it, because that will result in much more C airspace... Does Qantas believe that there are savings in the extra recruitment of ATCs to manage all the extra E… The more pop ups the more ATCs… They are just harder to manage, due to the very unpredictable nature of their operations, mostly lack of pre planning due to lack of plans, and the heads down time feeding the beast.

Dick can we concentrate on changing the charging regime and get rid of "Stretch bonuses" to all contract managers, to remove the alleged reason for keeping ASA profitable.

Last edited by SM4 Pirate; 22nd Jun 2004 at 11:25.