PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2004, 09:37
FTI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indeed.

I am an applicant for the R.A.A.F. for Pilot Selection.

I am in the same position as Hornet Boy was at the beginning of this thread.

I have only just discovered this thread, and like those above me, have only just had the chance to read this from end to end.

I would love to be able to cajole the same contributors to this thread that Hornet Boy did, as I have so many questions...

I am at this point, 25 years of age, and for those among you that are of the British persuasion, the R.A.A.F. has as of the last 18 months reviewed their age for application up to the limit of 43 years of age. This is obviously pending a equitable return of service being able to be negotiated.

If anyone knows any of the members that contributed to this thread in its initial stages, then please please beg them to come back to this thread and lend me some much needed advice.

I have already sat the aptitude testing procedures, passed the medical and psychological testing. Twice.
I have to reapply after I have had the chance to log more hours. I am desperate to make this my life, and I know of no other career that would satisfy me.

I was told just over 12 months ago to go away, log more hours, play a team sport, extend my list of contacts inside the R.A.A.F. and reapply 6 months later.

That was 12 months ago.

I have been asking myself the hard questions after being told no twice. I was calling the recruiting office almost every week to try and glean some information on the progress of my application, and all with no joy. Then I reapply, and I am given advice to come back in 6 months time after being told to do this, that and the other. I cannot even begin to advise you on how frustrating this was, and how demoralising.

Yet, here I find myself, needing advice, moral support, and most importantly of all, to see that my decision to chase this dream to the end of the earth is not a vain pursuit.

I know all that I need to know about training, postings, conversion courses, length etc, but as I have read above on this thread, my case is by no means isolated, nor is it the longest that someone has pursued this dream.

I will not give up, but if anyone can in any way give advice that is specifically pertinent to my situation, then I would be grateful, and in their debt to the end and beyond.

Anything that anyone can add would be of the most heartfelt, respected and appreciated benefit to myself.

I will await most anxiously...