PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways are looking 4 u!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2004, 05:58
qfmike737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for posting that information nickmelb! your always on the ball and in the know!

For some freshmen this might be good experience for airline interviews for a Middle Eastern carrier but my advice to everyone is to come down to earth and stay away from this one.

If you think it's a good stepping stone to get into other carriers you are probably right. Other carriers are going to think OH MY GOD this person lasted 6 months with Qatar!!! They can take alot of but then for many lose their sanity...it can be traumatic and good luck finding counselling! It might turn you away from flying altogether.

If you want to use it as a stepping stone to get into Emirates or Gulf Air and Etihad be aware that there may be some annoying policies. For example you may have to leave Qatar completely for one year then be eligible to apply to Emirates or Gulf etc. Perhaps because too many people try to jump ship and because the different airlines have agreed on this policy together. (I'm not sure if this is still the case but in previous posts in the couple of years on pprune this has known to be true).

Good luck to everyone that goes to the interview!