PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS Debate: Other Opinions
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2004, 04:54
DirtyPierre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Generalisations in general!

Gaunty,

Thanks for your input. You probably already know this, but many ATCs in OZ are actually also private pilots. In fact, I used to work with two who also flew part-time with the old Bush Pilots (BPA).

Oz ATCs know that not everyone in AOPA is not in support of NAS (No Actual Separation), as we actually have some ATCs who are members of that organisation. It seems that the same loud minority within AOPA, along with Dick, have hijacked what could have been very sensible airspace reform.

Gaggedagain, I say again, you have NFI!

Australia is a place renown for innovation and invention. Stumpjump plow, combine harvester, DME, MLS, TAAATS, just quickly spring to mind. Why not have the best, most innovative airspace in the world suitable for our uniquely Australian conditions and culture. Give ALL stakeholders a say in the process, and carry out appropriate testing of new airspace and procedures.

Lets do it better than the yanks. F#$@ McDonalds, I'd rather have my hamburger with beetroot, not pickles (whatever they are), I sit in the front seat of the cab, and I watch footy and cricket.

And I'd like my airspace Australian as well.