PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An ambitious 15 year old needs your help!!!
Old 21st Jun 2004, 22:43
NW3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
arpansingla -

It's frustrating, as it seems's like you're going to have to wait for AAAGGEESSSSS, but the wait could be useful, as if you're still feeling the same in a few years time as you are today, you know it's definitely right for you. Having said that, it's been 8 years already... shut up NW3.

What I'd suggest is you get hold of the PPL books (
http://www.afeonline.com/afeshop/en-gb/dept_59.html kind of thing) and read up on them - assuming you haven't done so already.

From there, I agree totally with what the others have said - get good GCSEs and A-Levels (or whatever they're called now... I'm only 23 and they've changed since I took mine ) - and if you can stand it, get Physics, Geography, and Maths under your belt at A-Level. You need a plan B just in case, so don't close tooo many doors just yet.

Apart from that, keep reading pprune - you're much more likely to get a good feeling of the state the industry's in from here than from a careers advisor, and you'll know what the deal is with sponsorship schemes. The CTC Mcalpine scheme is a good example of the kind of thing you may want to try and get on to, so have a read of that thread and you'll see what sort of thing is going to help.

Sorry about the ramble...

NW3