PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows To Finish - Has Tony Gone Too Far?? (Merged x 2)
Old 21st Jun 2004, 22:31
rudekid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sad as it may be, I think that the demise of the Reds is an inevitable function of an ever decreasing ( real terms ) defence budget.

Though in the big scheme of things it may be tiny, it still doesn't matter how much the Red Arrows actually cost, it's about presentation. There is no tangible or accountable benefit for the retention of the Reds no matter what our opinions or the effect they may have on morale/recruitment/public perception. It's extremely difficult to justify unnecessary expenditure to a largely hostile media and despite the huge waste that is abundant throughout public life, the Reds are out in the public eye and are therefore an easy target.

Right or wrong? My personal juries out, I love the show but wonder if the money may be better spent. On what I'm not sure!

The Reds? Some years they seem like a great set of guys and other years not. Sadly, like most Sqns there are R Solls everywhere and the individual pratt can give a bad impression of the team. Mind you, anybody who introduces themselves in happy hour as 'Hi, I'm Red #' deserves every bit of banter he gets!

Last edited by rudekid; 22nd Jun 2004 at 21:11.