PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS Debate: Other Opinions
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2004, 15:43
GaggedAgain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The so called bleating minority won't go away!

It's Planespeaker, Xxx - whatever you want to call me - here.

First of all, if you are wondering WHY I continue changing my username it isn't by choice, or some weird way of going about things.

Since someone at PPRuNe has decided to "block me out" (I'm not banned they use a certain program to "brown me out"... c'mon fellas I ain't stupid) as soon as they recognise who it is making these posts they move to prevent me from getting in and stating an opinion, so.. I have no choice other than to change my username and IP address!!

It's excellent to see some practical, realistic operational scenarios are being played out by you guys in your postings. That means this debate is getting somewhere.

I have quite a few personal messages in my PPRuNe box, to whoever has sent them, sorry, I am unable to read them / respond to your msg thanks to PPRuNe's block , feel free to make them public knowledge on this thread or send them again through this name. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

PPRuNe Don't expect someone like me to give up my convictions that easily. I have a thousand IP's & names to use so PPRuNe, give it up!!! After all, I'm the only one in here with "Dick" who has the guts to come in and slug it out with the anti-NAS folks here and cop the abuse.

Ferris, world leading programs are made anywhere by taking an already successful system/product/SERVICE and making it BETTER. Macdonalds took the hamburger and said "lets not let people wait 20 minutes for it" and look at them now. Pizza has been around for a thousand years, but just tell Pizza Hut it's a ricketty, old food. That's one of the secrets to Dicks riches, and one of the reasons he comes across as so dynamic, he's made a success out of many more things than you have.

He's wrong you say? How the hell can you compare Pizza or Hamburgers to Air safety? Easy. It's the same principle... take something that works well somewhere, and has been proven to do so for years, (the US airspace system) add the missing "ingredient/s" required here and PRESTO you have a world leader.

I DON'T BELEIVE EVERYTHING DICK SAYS!!!!!

Tobzalp I agree completely to your last post. Self reporting?? For God's sake C'mon..... CAIR will be back eventually, no doubt. ASRS must be Mike's suggestion, Dick. Wonder if he ever reported himself for not making any radio calls in MBZ's to save his company the landing fee? (ask him.. catch him by surprise & look into his eyes Dick...) Maybe 95% of the reports received from CAIR were so called self serving rubbish... So are 95% of the leads Police receive (my Wife's a cop) but that genuine 5% are absolute gold, well worth that 95% of rubbish.... you think the cops could use ASRS hey???? "Sure that'll solve a helluva lot more crimes."

BUT CLASS "E"? HE'S RIGHT!" ...

Blastoid question for you... If you're vectoring that 747 you mentioned in Aussie C airspace nearing a capital city aerodrome, Dick's about 5,000 below in a lightie in G airspace with mode "A" selected on his transponder, (maybe he doesn't even have that, he's just a primary target) what did you do then prior to NAS??? Wouldn't you rather be vectoring the 74 in E with all operating mode "C'"s rather than with an ID'd target in "C" with unidentified primary target (that could be in C you never know) in "G"???? Wouldn't mandatory "C" be FAR better than transponder "whatever"???

Did someone mention Slim Dusty on a walkman?? Awww C'Mon!!!! Must have been you!!!

As for the inconvenience to IFR Pilots in E, I'd much rather traffic advisories in E on unknown VFR's rather than being an IFR Pilot in G without TCAS on descent heading at 200KTS toward a 4 seat 120KT VFR with no transponder coming the other way. It's actually happened to me, thank GOD for the big sky theory... imagine 0 Ft vertical separation and about 200 ft lateral separation... talk about unalerted see and avoid! (It's like Oooooh!!!! oh.......). True, I feel far safer in C, but that just isn't practical in a well spread out country such as AUS.

Dirty Pierre and Capcom It's "writeoffs" like yours that are the real concern... if you are high capacity RPT pilots, hope you don't write off the no nothing passenger that shows you the "crack" in your fuselage. Unlike you with me, I won't write off your "serious" aviation related concerns, wrong or otherwise. You have no idea about another's experience. I always assume here in PPRuNe I am dealing with professionals.

Alright PPruNE, there it is.. Wonder how many posts before you block this username out???

Last edited by GaggedAgain; 21st Jun 2004 at 16:30.