PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS Debate: Other Opinions
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2004, 12:10
Four Seven Eleven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick Smith said in the 'other' thread:

I should point out that an airline aircraft flying from New York to Fairbanks – an internal flight as far as the USA is concerned – transits non-radar Class A airspace with Class G below to FL245. Of course aircraft transiting from Los Angeles to Honolulu are in Class A non-radar airspace.
Now you are confusing me. In the AOPA (USA) picture you keep posting (“airspace at a glance”), there is no mention of Class G going up to FL245, with Class A above. The highest level for class G in your picture is 14,500ft, abutting Class E.

Are you suggesting that this picture, which you keep posting, and on which you base so much of your view of the US system, does not accurately reflect the US system?

Surely you are not admitting that there is more to it than you have led us to believe.

Are you suggesting (again) that we are not adopting the US system, but rather a compromise/hybrid?

So, what is the truth?

truth (tr th)
n. pl. truths (tr thz, tr ths)
1. Conformity to fact or actuality.
2. A statement proven to be or accepted as true.
3. Sincerity; integrity.
4. Fidelity to an original or standard.
a. Reality; actuality.
b. often Truth That which is considered to be the supreme reality and to have the ultimate meaning and value of existence.
PS: You will remember that you lied about my job and impugned my motives for posting on these forums. You falsely suggested that I was motivated by pecuniary gain. As you have recently acknowledged, this was a lie, and I am indeed what I have always claimed to be, an air traffic controller. Do you intend to apologise for this lie?

PPS: As ever, I anxiously await your response to your question about the truth behind the ‘horrific’ Brisbane Virgin incident. Surely you are not afraid of answering? You did say you would answer. Some people still believe you will.