PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - White Waltham Catering - any good?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2004, 11:31
Wide-Body

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK Andy

I am a bit more awake now. First of all I am not a weekend/ weekday flyer. I fly at all time during the week. I probably spend more time at the club than is good for me. the subject of catering is close to my heart (just see my name).

There seems to be three areas to look at. Quality, Price and availability. Quality has improved beyond recognition. The food now is properly cooked and presented. As for value it is on a par with all the local food pubs. I certainly have no probs apart from the soup! Availability, yes it is a problem. as you are such a frequent evening flyer you will have seen how few people there are there most of the time. The catering franchise pays a full commercial rate to WLAC and is unable to advertise for trade outside the club. The cost of providing a full evening service are just to high.The only way to achieve full availability would be to write to Roger Mac and suggest that the club subsidise the operation-good luck.

Perhaps you should talk to Sandra, she runs the catering concern. I have done so in the past and always had any problem solved. Funny old thing I normally tell her how good things are. Instead of trying an old bulliten board assasination try talking in person.

Regards

Wide

Just popping down the club for a chicken pesto pannini for less than £3.30. Try that at ANY other flying club.