PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS Debate: Other Opinions
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2004, 05:44
Four Seven Eleven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick Smith
Once again, I will take you at your word that you will answer the question. I will repeat the question, bearing in mind that you were the one who asked it in the first place:
……“what are the facts?”. (More specifically, what are the facts which explain how such a ‘horrific’ incident could have occurred, when all parties apparently followed AusNAS procedures correctly?)
I look forward to your reply to the question.
If you are telling me that 5 years after Class E airspace was introduced to Australia that air traffic controllers have not been provided with the correct documentation, I will have to agree with you.
I am not telling you that. Please do not attempt to avoid the issue by misrepresenting what I have said. A simple answer to the question will suffice.
I think you are telling me that a controller cannot do this because that is not in the current documentation.
Again, you are deliberately misrepresenting what I have said. Please stick to direct quotes, or the facts.
Perhaps you could advise www.bindook.com of the Airservices answer.
Sorry, I am unable to do so, as the website cited does not allow me access.
Edited to add:
I have an outrageous idea. Why don’t you contact your management at Airservices and ask them to introduce the US system where controllers are allowed to use commonsense?
Are you suggesting that we have not introduced the US system?