PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS Debate: Other Opinions
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2004, 18:39
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Well done, planespeaker, your attitude towards safety when aviating is responsible, and commendable
I am ALWAYS listening to where VH-IFR and buddies are coming from and going to... how high/low etc... oh, and by the way if I'm nearby and even if there's any remote possibility of swapping paint existed, I always let VH-IFR know..
Unfortunately though, it would appear to be at loggerheads with Dick Smith's
In modern countries such as the United States a pilot can fly enroute in silence, concentrate on the flying and enjoy the scenery. Imagine if everyone who went driving on the weekends in their car were forced to monitor and listen to a constant barrage of radio calls the whole time from commercial traffic – I’m sure you would agree driving wouldn’t be as popular.
With reference to the relationship between leisure pilots (PPL's in the main) and Air Traffic Controllers, you state
but some of those lighties don't trust you either.
However, I wonder if it's really more a case of those PPL'ers not being confident with their R/T procedures, and being AFRAID to speak up for fear of thinking they'll make an ass of themselves.
Obviously I'm not referring to you, planespeaker, as your post indicates that you are quite comfortable in your communications work.