PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training, hours building and first job prospects in America
Old 20th Jun 2004, 17:09
murdock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Realistically you could get all those ratings under the FAA system in that amount of time that you have expected. It all depends on how hard you work, the dedication and time you and your instructor can put in, and on the availability of helicopters and good weather. I have known people that have done so in 7-8 months, so it is possible.
Having been to HAI myself, I would highly recommend it. I dont really know how HA is, but HAI has the advantage of all year round weather.
The JAA system will take you a minimum of nine months, as it is a set schedule. Its a good JAA course, and the recommended way to do it would be to get your FAA PPL, then do the JAA course, and whilst you are doing that you can get your FAA CPL, CFI and then do your FAA Instrument and CFII after you get your JAA.
From my experience that is the quickest way to get all of it, but it is gonna take some very commtted work load to get it all in 10 months.
They also offer a sling loading course and they do a mountain course that you can do once you have your FAA PPL.
I dont exactly know what EMS-KMAX means, as in my experience, if you are looking to get a job after your training you are only really gonna get an instructor job, so of course you should get your CFI. And these days those without an instrument and CFII license are las ton the list to getting hired. So I would highly recommend getting them.
Good luck and if you need any other info on HAI let me know.