PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sackings at Emirates
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2004, 11:06
spy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Loungelizard

Perhaps you could enlighten us?

I would be very interested in what they have been teaching in all seriousness.

However, you did not expand on your earlier post and your statement merely mentioned selecting 9 degrees on the PFD Maltese cross. There is nothing wrong with teaching that as long as it is in the context of my earlier post. Minimal training is not restricted to Emirates, many airlines these days could be accused of cutting corners on training and my sympathy is with the crews if this is another example.

Yes the Maltese cross is an indication of side stick deflection!

The recommendation in the Supplemental Techniques also suggests the use of two thirds aft side stick deflection which appears as around 7.5 to 10 degrees on the Maltese cross!! As I said before the technique is described in the instructors guide to aid instructors in teaching students how to set up the correct rotation rate!

Maddog62

Selecting 9 degrees on the Maltese cross does not mean I want 9 degrees of pitch it is simply an indication of single or combined side stick deflection. It has no relevance the required pitch attitude.

It is all too easy to point the finger following events like these. The reasons are rarely as simple as they first appear.

Last edited by spy; 20th Jun 2004 at 11:27.