PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS Debate: Other Opinions
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2004, 06:26
planespeaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not an opinionated post

Since some of you don't seem to have a sense of humour, I'll put it in plain english for you.

The post here was not for me to state an opinion on PPRuNe about NAS.

Imagine for a second that you're Dick Smith (God help you right?!) Now imagine deciphering line upon line after line of a post of EPIC proportions to weed out the "valid" points.

Give everybody a chance to have their opinion absorbed by the main players in the game. My advice? Keep it short, to the point, and concise.

Even the PM can't ramble on for that long in the house of reps.

Start up your own website if you wanna write a ton on it...

Darn it, think I will make a point after all. I happily take my wife and 3 kids into class E airspace from time to time. THAT's the strength of my conviction it is SAFER than what some of you make it out to be! If I am PIC under the dreaded VFR, my TX is always on, mode C, correct freq tuned, your unverified altitude observations of me to my IFR cousins in the area are almost always bang on, and I am ALWAYS listening to where VH-IFR and buddies are coming from and going to... how high/low etc... oh, and by the way if I'm nearby and even if there's any remote possibility of swapping paint existed, I always let VH-IFR know.. and... and if you got my intentions or unverified details wrong i.e. you think I'm S&L but I'm actually climbing or I'm passing through 7,000 shortly and you think I'm passing 5000.. and VH IFR is headed my way, if it's relevant (and without going into a long rambling, unprofessional monologue about it I know you're busy) I'd tell you!!!

Thing is, some of you might not trust those VFR lighties out there, (which is probably your core objection) but some of those lighties don't trust you either... no offence.

Last edited by planespeaker; 20th Jun 2004 at 10:39.