PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Full emergency call out for minor incident at LHR!
Old 19th Jun 2004, 19:52
Notso Fantastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Staller- yes- damn good high speed dash through the streets of London, blue lights flashing, Police and ambulence men looking incredibly serious, screaming children jumping out of the way, dogs getting squished........for a partial flap landing? Purrlease!

This person is implying in the title of his thread that Air Mauritius is likely to experience a crash. Using the name of a Company in that manner is actually rather offensive to that Company and the good professional people who work there. All I can say is I hope they follow this matter up! Whatever did poor Air Mauritius do to have associated with it "Crash Imminent!". A little bit over-dramatic perhaps?

So there we have it. A fairly minor technical problem leading to an enormously hysterical emergency response out of keeping with the original minor problem. Bit of a shame running a full blue light run (which is a risky event) and hurting someone en route for a non-event minor technical problem! Headless chickens springs to mind! WHy didn't they evacuate the boroughs of Feltham and Staines, and while we're at it, bundle the Queen out of Windsor Castle too? The crew hardly need congratulations from London Ambulance Service for doing their job and handling a relatively minor problemo!

Tell me, amanoffewwords, why does an IT man want to pop up in a Pilot Forum with nearly 500 postings? Why so much to say? Bit like me going into an Accountants Forum with 500 posts.......I'll pass!

Last edited by Notso Fantastic; 19th Jun 2004 at 20:06.