PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sackings at Emirates
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2004, 18:05
spy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Loungelizard

I seem to be quoting it a lot at the moment but the recommendation you describe is not an Emirates recommendation but one published in the Airbus Instructor Support Manual!

Mine is for the A330 and A320 so the figures will vary no doubt for the A340.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Perform a prompt input on the side stick at VR. Typically put the stick cross symbol on the PFD initially to around 7.5 to 10 degrees. This is NOT a parameter to monitor as such, but merely an indication of the amount of stick input required.

The purpose of the prompt input is to overcome the large inertia of the aircraft and initiate an adequate and continuous rotation.

Avoid being aggressive on the stick, and once rotation rate is established, avoid further aft stick inputs, especially when pitch attitude has increased, so as to avoid tail strikes.

Rotate initially to target pitch of 12.5 degrees; once airborne, adjust the pitch to follow the FD pitch bar orders (SRS mode)."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May I respectfully suggest before you make such broad statements about the Emirates training department you first address your comments to the Airbus flight test and training departments who have made these recommendations, I am sure they will be interested in your views

And no I do not work for Emirates. I have no idea why this incident happened except clearly the aircraft did not get airborne before the end of the runway. Are there any official reports about yet?