PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What aircraft DUB-LAX
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2004, 13:55
SNNEI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am of the opinion that there is another EI 330 with PTV'S yes..

PTV's are of course nice, but we must remember that there are a very many carriers of bigger stature than EI that don't have them on all their planes either, so it's unfair to constantly criticize EI for this: Try AF for eaxmple on many of their long haul 747 operations, or KLM on their 747's, 767's and MD-11's, CO on the 757's, AZ on the 767's...... I could go on and on.

What the carriers in the UK have (Virgin and BA: and they are obviously the closest competitors) is not reflective of the entire industry.

I have heard people say they will only fly via LHR with BA or Virgin for the sole reason of PTV'S.. I am of the opinion that these people are not in the majority. Take DUB-JFK.. if you are willing to add an extra 3-4 hours and extra cost to that journey just so you can watch a choice of movies then good luck to you.. you've obviously got the money to spend ;-) But for me, that value equation just doesnt hold up.

Remember that when it comes to air travel, us airplane loving nuts will be in the minority: most simply want to get there at a decent fare, in reasonable comfort and not be snarled at by the crew (too often ;-) ). You don't need to take an indirect route to get that.

The proof is there for all to see: if people felt so strongly about PTV's at every seat, they would fly someone else, because they do have a choice: why then are EI's transatlantic numbers up about 20% on last year?