PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS Debate: Other Opinions
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2004, 07:30
Icarus2001

Received 250 Likes on 108 Posts
Chris Higgins

Is it really in the spirit of the Australian safety culture to be frightened to speak up on a national safety concern with fear of reprisaltry action?
Sadly it is demonstrably so. Those that post on these forums who are very close to the action, can do so because they remain anonymous. Government employees are legally bound under their CA or AWA not to make any public statements. Therefore they risk their career by posting in their own name. This subject has been covered time and time again. Better they post anonymously rather than not at all.

I do not see much Dick bashing. Mostly people attacking his position. However Dick always resorts to playing the man not the ball eg Adrian Dumsa. I would be more than happy to sit and have a beer with Dick but I do not follow the logic of his arguments and I do not see any evidence for what he so strongly believes.

Furthermore we used to have CAIR, which has now been scrapped by the ATSB just as the maritime industry has adopted it. Why would that be?

From your own experience...
We can do VFR climbs, but that's where Class E Airspace fails miserably.
Class E airspace does not work without radar monitoring and full traffic participation-period! It never has, and it never will.
So why is one person in Australia pushing so hard for more E airspace and less C airspace when we have such low overall radar coverage?