PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interested in flying in the states
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2004, 21:37
JaredYoung

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Interested in flying in the states

Hey guys I just found your site and have been reading articles on becomming a helicopter pilot. After reading all of the information it doesn't sound like becomming a pilot is a good idea. Now I don't know if that is because a lot of you guys are from outside the US or what. I also noticed that they were posted a few years ago. Well I have some questions for you all. How does the future job market look for helicopter pilots in the states? I am looking at going to Palm Beach Helicopters in Florida. What do you guys think of that school or even HAI? Now after researching this I have figured it is going to cost about $60,000 to become a turbine trained pilot. My biggest concern is will I be able to pay this off when I start flying or don't pilots make that much money? I thought that a lot of pilots will be retiring since a lot of them are from the Vietnam era. Basically I have wanted to fly badly for a few years now but didn't think it was possible. I have gone to college for a year and didn't enjoy it. I live in NY so a move to florida is a big step. So maybe you guys can help me decide whether becoming a pilot is a good idea or bad idea. Thank you for your time. Any advice is welcome!

Jared

Last edited by JaredYoung; 18th Jun 2004 at 21:53.