PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ME/IR Renewals
Thread: ME/IR Renewals
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2004, 18:04
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We're getting complaints that posts such as that above can be construed as advertising. I'd just like to point out to all those potential complainers that the vast majority of such posts are made by genuine students of the schools mentioned, and are intended simply to bring your attention to a supplier that the poster thinks is worthwhile. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, and we welcome such posts - as we equally welcome those that tell us about suppliers to avoid (so long as it is not the 'I heard from a mate...' type of post).

I would ask that those who would place such posts state clearly that they are nothing to do with the company mentioned, and that they identify exactly what service they have received from the company - as luckyPierre has done.

We consider as advertising those posts where the poster has a direct financial interest in the service or product mentioned in the post. We have ways of detecting those suppliers that pose as 'students' talking up their product.....

Scroggs