PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC Jobs In Europe/Worldwide
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2004, 12:16
DirtyPierre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We could be recruiting

Vampy,

There are only two ATC service providers in Australia (Oz), Airservices Australia (AsA) and the RAAF. UK nationals can apply for both, but normal imigration rules apply, I think.

AsA runs every control tower and centre in Oz. A monoply. The RAAF look after the military airfields to a certain extent (usually just tower and approach).

AsA will take any sort of controller, tower, approach, en-route. In fact two Kiwi controllers have just started in Brisbane Centre, where I work. But remember, Kiwis and Aussies can work and live in either country without visas or changing nationality.

I work with one controller who used to work at Belfast, but married an Aussie girl. Another ATC from Belfast is now a supervisor in Melbourne Centre.

Yes, like most of the rest of the world, Oz is short of controllers, and it wouldn't hurt to get on-line with www.AirservicesAustralia.com to check out recruitment. Our union website, www.civilair.asn.au also can help out.

Give it a go. All us convicts can't be wrong. Deportation to a sunny clime with sandy beaches and blue skies......oh no!

PS. Me mums a kraut and my father's grandparents were all irish, so I'm not a convict, just a heinz variety aussie.