PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - lost scenery, FS2004
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2004, 05:11
nilnotedtks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lost scenery, FS2004

This has to be the best and most informative section of the whole site, no bickering, nastiness, sniping, just pure and good information from a great bunch of people, many thanks . . . .

My gaming machine is a P4, 2.8 / 800hz, Windows XP Pro., 60 gig Western HD, Gigabyte GA-81PE1000 board, 1024 DDR RAM, Radeon 9800XT card and a Microsoft sidewinder 2 force feed back stick, all in an ATX case with a 300 watt power suppply. This is used only for silly flying games and keeps me mindlessly happy for hours at a time ! It worked really well until I added the 4 cd's for FS terrain to the flight sim 2004. When flying and switching either side of the cockpit view, there is for a second or so, one or two large square areas of brown which take a second or two to build into scenery. I use the 4 position switch on the top of the stick for this to switch the views out of the right and left side, the rest of the programme runs fine. Normally I think this would be a RAM problem but guessed 1024 should be sufficient for this to give a fairly quick and smooth view switch. The graphics for the IL2 forgotten battles and combat flight sim. 3 are really good and problem free. Any thoughts much appreciated . . .