PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cosford Airshow
Thread: Cosford Airshow
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2004, 10:03
Spot 4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As the thread drifts away from a disappointing day towards the ATC, my opinion is that: A huge ammount of teenage boys and girls present in and out of uniform were probably cadets. To state to parents with an encouragable level of pride: "See that mum/dad; thats what we do" is essential. I have seen the formation glider display which I think is RAFGSA and it is good albeit quiet! but with smoke from the wingtips and the skills required to complete such a display without power is admirable.

If Cosford cannot cope with a display then send it somewhere that can, Hi Shawbury!! I have seen town shows with more military appeal then Cosford had this weekend, and the Army / TA / Regt are the people with most public interaction.

In view of recent celebrations, the Dakota and C130 could have completed a Para drop with (amazingly) the parachute regiment; for with a ground display in attendance this would have raised their profile and recruitment stats. Are there still RAF Regt paras?

Were where the rocks with Rapier, or have they gone to? If George Dubya and mates are our big buddies, where were they?

As for airliners being a non starter, that is rubbish, and Mr Branson and others have done exactly that at other shows.

For those here emotionally involved in the running of this years show, take it on the chin: You let the public and yourselves down; listen to the debrief and get it sorted next year, for good bad or indifferant, I and thousands of others will return.

Asta La Vista