PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cosford Airshow
Thread: Cosford Airshow
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2004, 09:31
propwash866

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monkeyboy,

You need to get your own facts straight before you whine at me for messing up. Tickets were £12 if bought in advance, although they were £15 on the gate.

Yes, half the proceeds do go to the RAF museum, which is a registered charity so my argument holds true.

My statememt earlier was not directed at E3D's and the like and was purely designed to emphasise my earlier point that we had a vast majority of RAF Fast Jet aircraft. Read the posts carefully and I'm sure you'll see where I was coming from.

If you were at Cosford you'd have seen the C-130 K and J models both land successfully on the runway. Not a problem. Now try and find a combination of somewhere to park (baring in mind that we could not use the grass surfaces for heavies) and somebody to bring one in.

Agreed it would have been nice to see the restoration hangar open, not sure why it couldn't be but I'm sure if you phone the museum they'll give you an explanation.

ACW 335, I think you'll find you now use 55kts in the Vig. As a vig driver AND a serving pilot myself I have nothing to say against the work of the VGS crews, except to point out that no, you don't have auth to fly a display. To get that you'd have to go in front of the participation comittee and have relevant insurance etc. Anyway, can you see that great World Avgas (Not Kerosene) Executive Retailer allowing anyone to chandelle HIS babies at 100ft?

The VGS at Cosford applied to fly a couple of cadets in the morning before the show as a kind of role demo, but it was decided that despite the good PR it would have given the VGS and the Air Cadets in general, it was not feasible.