PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cosford Airshow
Thread: Cosford Airshow
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2004, 07:01
The Swinging Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Propwash,

Did you go to Cosford airshow this year??? I'm not convinced you did, you see, because you make some pretty glaring errors in your posting:

'First, lets set a few things straight. The tickets cost £12 for an adult' - wrong, the tickets were, as Grob Driver says, £15.00

'especially as all proceeds have gone to charity' - wrong, I think you'll find a big chunk goes to the museum (but no complaints with that, its ALL a good cause to me)

'first of which is runway. Cosford's is all of in the region of 4000 ft, not many RAF aircraft can fit on that, save helicopters and light aircraft' - wrong, what about C-130's as in previous years?

'Cosford, you may have noticed, is not particularly large' - nearly wrong! yes its not your Waddo or Brize, but it is certainly big enough to display a lot more static than it did.

I'm not too sure about your comments regarding BAe146 and E-3d and war?? I'd go along with you on the 146, but the E-3D?? come on, you must be having a laugh old boy. I can speak from a position of experience here and tell you the the E-3D world (of which I was one) were the first into Bosnia/Kosavo and the last ones out. The same goes for Afghanistan and Gulf War 2.

My biggest winge, and those of others here, is that Cosfords constraints and limitations are well understood by most people. What is NOT understood is why they couldn't be bothered to wheel out some of the 'more routine' exhibits like the Dominies, like the RN Sea Kings, the REAL Tornados etc. etc. aswell as open up that new restoration hangar.

And lastly, the Vigilant may not whizz round and 450kts with its tail on fire, but so what? It was there, and I for one would rather watch a Vigilant flying around, albeit at 55 kts, than nothing at all. So well done to the volunteers!

Kind regards
The Swinging Monkey
'Caruthers, a glass of Grouse for the Volunteers I think!'