PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New routes from the UK to Toulouse ?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2004, 21:14
Toulouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree to a certain extent with you LGS6753... but just in defense of my newly found beloved local airport of Toulouse Blagnac (I'm not French by the way), a. Air France don't fly any flights to the UK from TLS, and even when they did (until this summer) it was on a code-share basis and operated by FlyBe. Airlines operating TLS-UK are Easyjet, BA, BMI, Flybe and Bmababy. As you pointed out there is a very frequent shuttle service between TLS and ORY and CDG. Lots of domestic traffic. IB fly 3 times taily to MAD (and are adding on an extra two flights per day as of July) plus AF fly twice a day to MAD. Germany is also well served with LH offering about 3 flights daily to Frankfurt and 2 or 3 adily to Munich, other carriers also operate daily services to Bremen (+ the obvious Airbus shuttle services). KLM fly 3 times daily to AMS and Brussels Airlines fly twice daily to BRX. Other daily European flights are to Geneva, Milan, Lisbon. Dublin is served 4 times a week by EI, who recently appear to have switched from a 737-500 to an A320. Maersk also fly 3 times a week (I think, maybe twice) to Copenhagen. Daily flights to North Africa. Summer flights to Montreal. Lots of charters in the winter, mainly from UK and Ireland for skiing in the Ptrenees, and quite a lot of charter flights for the local market to Spain, Greece, Italy, Malta, Egypt and La Réunion. You can see a lot of Spanair, Futura and Air Europas at the weekend.
Toulouse Blagnac is the fourth busiest airport in France in terms of passenger traffic, and the second after Paris for cargo. Growth perspectives are good. And they're is an important British community in the area. That's me finished with my rant... sorry about that...