PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Chance To Take The ATPL Groundschool Course And The Gapan Tests - FOR FREE!
Old 16th Jun 2004, 00:48
El Desperado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bleh - first lesson in commercial aviation. Goalposts move when the people who move posts consider they need to be moved.

"Only CPL/IR holders who have in excess of 1500 hours turbine time need apply..." And when the (small) supply of people who meet the conditions dry out, suddenly the guy who has the 250hr CPL/IR but has kept the IR current gets a look-in.

Not saying you guys will, but the worst than can happen is someone files your email under 'spam'. Ermm.. wow. If that's the worst that someone does to you in a flying career than you will be very well off !

70 hours... 78 hours.... what's the practical difference in experience. None. That's right. None. The guys here have made an arbitrary decision, for reasons that obviously suit their selection criteria (there must be a cut-off) that may or may not come to be the ruleset that passes muster. Perhaps they will be flexible. Perhaps not. Unless you submit an application you'll never know.

Personal note - I was outside the age requirements by 6 months several years ago for a sponsorship. I still went for it. And.... mixed-haul 757/767 SFO five years later.

I'm not advocating spamming the poor Prrune fund trustees with hopeless applications, but if you're a whisker out... why not ?