PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEMS - Regulations and saving life
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2004, 21:16
WestWind1950

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Mars

thanks for your reply.... I wish it was that simple. We had fairly "usable" regulations for heliports dating 1969... they required an area of 15 m X 15 m plus a 10 m safety margin on each side. Unfortunately, not even this "basic" regulation was used for hospital sites.... the arguement being that pilots trying to save a life can ignore all rules .....sure, and there have luckily been hardly any accidents... but the ones that did happen received from the heliport owner (hospital CEO) only the reply, that since the port wasn't certified, it was souly the pilots problem

When the JAR-OPS first came out, people suddenly started waking up to the problem... special groups were formed to talk things through... make suggestions. Unfortunately, the results are not very satisfying.... and there is no way that the further amendments can be applied until they are OFFICIALLY translated and OFFICIALLY put into German law! Sad but true.....

I could go on and on, but it wouldn't help much. For me it is very interesting to read how things are done elsewhere. Thanks again.

Westy