PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Triple A = Triple the cost
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2004, 12:11
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peggy Murphy wrote:

Dont waste your time trying to help give advice to future students of any school. The moderators seem to know it all and would prefer to see all the new guys and girls done out of thousands of pounds. Maybe the schools are paying them to stop these threads.People will do anything for money these days...............even fly planes.
We do not close down threads because they are critical of FTOs, but we do object to derogatory posts made by people who have not attended the schools they are criticising. If the experience you relate is not your own, you may be guilty of slander or even libel. While I don't really give a damn if you end up in court facing such a charge, unless I can identify you it could be me facing the legal wrath of a libelled school. Anyone here want to take the rap for me?

Thought not.

So, if you want to make posts criticising FTOs, make sure it is your own experience you are talking about, not 'a mate's', and be prepared to identify yourself if your allegations are particularly controversial. If you are not prepared to identify yourself (in private, to the mods), then don't be surprised if your post is removed.

Scroggs