PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Triple A = Triple the cost
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2004, 12:03
Delta Echo Bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At Last

It's finally good to see us ex-wannabes looking out for the interests of our future colleuges. Any body looking for an FTO, please do tread carefully and take notice of the advice us that have been there have given you.

I'm not saying don't go to a particular school, but my advice is "ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS talk to at least three recently past students of YOUR choice and not the schools who trained there." Do this so you know that what you're getting from the school is what you want.

I'm sure that Triple 'A' has provided satisfaction to some customers, but certainly not to me.

I was very dishartened. It took me a long time to get my personal and professional confidence back, and I already had significant professional experience. Having said that, for all those out there who have had a rough ride with a bad FTO, it is possible to pull through. I'm now sat at an internet cafe in a busy airport waiting for my next flight on a glorious sunny day, loving my job. It'd be just that little sweeter if I was ten grand better off.

See what people have written and learn from our mistakes, PLEASE!!!!!!

Happy flying friends.